Top three Lies Cheating men tell
Okay, I’ll admit it — when I’m working from home, sometimes I’ll put Dr. Phil on in the background. Yes, Dr. Phil. There, I said it. And isn’t admitting you have a problem the first step towards recovery?
Anyhow, now that we’re beyond my issues, several days ago the topic was on married men who cheat and the “other women”.
Since some of the women either didn’t know these guys were married, or once they did know they were lied to by the men, part of his show focused on the lies told by cheating men.
So here are the top three lies dudes who live in an Ethical-Free Zone tell women:
1. I’m not Married in the “real” sense of the word – If you ask them what they mean, what these guys say is although they’re still living under the same roof and haven’t Filed for Divorce, they’re:
- Sleeping in separate rooms
- No longer having sex with their Wives
So, does this mean they’re Married in the fake sense of the word? When a friend used to get the line from guys that their Marriage “is basically over”, she’d say “Really? So if I called her right now she’d say the same thing? Let’s get her on the phone…”.
Huh. I don’t think she ever ended up having one conversation with anyone’s “soon to be ex wife”. Funny how it worked out that way.
2. I’ll leave my family after the Holidays / The kids’ Birthdays / My job is more secure – Okay, I’ve been Divorced and all I can tell you is when someone is ready to leave their marriage, they don’t wait around for the “Perfect Time”.
Why? Because there is no perfect time to throw your entire life into a tailspin. But when you want to make it happen, you just do it (sorry to sound all Nike-ish).
If someone tells you to they want you to still go to dinner and sleep with them, and they’ll “leave their Spouse soon”, all I can say is Holy load of Crap, Batman.
“Soon” will most likely never come, and you’ll have wasted your extremely valuable time.
3. My Wife doesn’t understand me / We got Married for the wrong reasons / She doesn’t ‘get’ me like you do – The “my wife doesn’t understand me” line still works? Really? Wow. It’s a bit of a cliche, but apparently it’s an oldie and a goody….
Anyhow, what I’m trying to say is this is most likely just another line of horse dung.
I mean, seriously….50% of people leave marriages because they’re unhappy. If this guy feels as though his life partner really isn’t “getting” him, then why isn’t he:
1) Home trying to fix things, or
2) Getting a Divorce?
One night, someone tried telling me “My wife just can’t understand me”, so I said “Wow…you should hire a Translator” (I never want to look back on my life and regret a missed opportunity for well-deserved sarcasm).
I don’t think he thought it was as funny as I did.
Now I do have to say, there’s a very small percentage of times where these stories are actually true….but remember, this seems to be a tiny percentage of people.
Getting Divorced is a little like going on a Diet. Lots of people talk about wanting to lose weight (get Divorced), but unless you actually change your eating habits (File for Divorce), you’re not really committed to the result you say you want.
So basically, if you’re a woman and hear any of the top three lies above: Buyer Beware. If something just doesn’t seem to make sense, it usually doesn’t for a good reason.
If you’re a guy, well…you might want to start thinking up some better lies, and quick.