Get a better-looking Butt
Okay, I’ll admit it….this is a slightly reworked article from two years ago.
Not because I’m lazy, I promise – but I’ve gotten several questions on how to get a better-looking butt, so I decided to post it again because these exercises definitely do their jobs when it comes to getting out butts Beach/Jeans/Naked-in-front-of-your-Significant-Other ready!
Okay, so let’s talk about our Butt Goals. Women usually want theirs tighter and more toned, and men generally want their butt and legs to be stronger.
These three exercises will give you either result – it just depends on how much weight you use and how many repetitions you perform. For size and strength, use more weight and less reps….for toning, use less weight and higher reps. But make no mistake – no matter what variation you choose to do, these exercises will get you in better shape!
This exercise is great! It definitely helps get your rear-view in better shape, and fast.
- Hold a weight in each hand or you can just use your Body Weight. Place your left foot on a bench directly in front of you. Make sure this leg is at no more than a 90-degree angle. Your right leg should be straight behind you.
- Using the strength in your left leg, pull your right leg straight up to tap the top of the bench then step back down to the starting position. Focus on lifting through the heel.
- Repeat for three sets of 12-15 reps for each leg to tone, and 8-12 reps to add strength.
You don’t want to bounce at the bottom, and you want to muscle it up. Take time to pause between each one without stopping for rest.
This is my absolute, all-time favorite lower body exercise! It’s harder than it looks, but don’t let that scare you off because you’ll get fantastic results.
- The Waking Lunge takes the basic Lunge, and just adds a walk to it
- Stand upright with feet together and dumbbells at your sides. Take a controlled step forward with your left leg.
Lower hips toward the floor and bend both knees (almost at 90 degree angles). The back knee should come close but not touch the ground.
- Your front knee should be directly over the ankle and the back knee should be pointing down toward the floor. You want to step forward using the muscles in your front leg. You especially want to focus on pushing-off through your front heel, which will target your butt.
- This completes one rep
- Next, step forward with your right leg and repeat, then again with your left and repeat, and continue down the floor.
Similar to the Step-ups, you want to do three sets of 12-15 reps to tighten, and 8-12 reps to add strength
A great exercise! You can do this with a Barbell (with added weight), a Body bar or you can just use your own body weight — it all depends on what you’re looking to accomplish while working out.
- Stand upright with feet straight ahead, shoulder-width apart. With a Barbell or Body Bar resting on your upper back (or just using your body weight), squat down and back as though you’re having a seat in a chair.
- Then push up through your heels to return to the start position. Don’t lock-out your knees when you come back up.
- Do three sets of 10-15 reps
My recommendation is to do this workout twice a week to get the fastest results, but you’ll definitely get in better shape doing this once a week, too! If you also have a healthy diet, drink plenty of water and do some sort of Cardiovascular exercise four times a week for at least 30 minutes, you should start to see progress within just a few weeks.
Ann works as an IT Project Management Consultant, and currently lives in Connecticut with her awesome boyfriend and two adorable, adopted dogs.